Saturday, April 27, 2013

The ugly

When I started this blog I promised the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Well here comes some bad and ugly.  I want to be truthful and helpful to people who might be heading toward this surgery.  I tell my students all of the time that if I taught them that life is full of rainbows and butterflies and nothing bad will ever happen or tempt them then I would be the worst teacher in the world because I would be setting them up for failure.  Here is my reality, no rainbows and butterflies in this post...

 I had my first kick in the pants of reality this weekend.  I had two big outings that really pushed me and set me back.  I attended a charity basketball game on Friday night, then a bridal shower on Saturday afternoon, and the combination led to a meltdown Saturday night. My pain was up significantly and I was tired, so naturally I threw a pity party for one.  It was the first day where I felt like I had major hip surgery.  I didn't want to paste on a smile anymore and say everything was okay because I honestly didn't feel like it was.    Thankfully Gabe was here to calm me down and reassure me that everything is going to be okay.  He's been such a trooper during all of this, I don't know where I would be without him.

I have come to accept there will be bumps in the road, today was the first one and I am sure there will be many to come. Hoping tomorrow brings less pain and more smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment