I had my second therapy appointment with Curt today. I have been doing my home therapy twice a day, but since we are reaching the two week post-op mark, it was time to switch some things up. I think the thing I struggle with most with therapy is finding where my pain threshold is for each exercise and not going past that. For an active person like myself, doing leg lifts and ankle pumps are pretty much torture. I want to try to do more, but I know that's not what I should be doing, so I don't.
I realized today that I need to start seeing the progress that I am making in therapy instead of the things that I can't do anymore. It's frustrating to feel like starting over, but when I get off crutches I am going to have to learn to walk again, and so I need to be strong enough when that time comes. I start my pool therapy on Thursday. Curt said I will feel like I can do more when I'm in the pool so I am hoping that is more encouraging! I did get to ride a stationary bike today. I started just rocking the pedals back and forth and by the end of my 5 minutes was doing complete circles around. It felt good to get my knee up and moving, it's been getting stiff laying in bed so much.
I will update more after the pool on Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment