Monday, April 22, 2013
Physical Therapy Day 1
I had my first PT appointment today. I am doing my therapy here in Columbus at the Ohio Therapy Institute. It's connected to my orthopedists office which is great because the doctors and therapists work together just like Dr. Byrd's office in Nashville. My therapist is Curt and he is awesome. I met with him before my surgery to do some at home therapy to strengthen before surgery. Today we pretty much went through what my surgery was like, and the protocol that the therapy team in Nashville sent home with me. I am SO lucky to be working with the Ohio Therapy Institute not only for the great people but also for their equipment. They have a therapy pool as well as treadmill that you can use in the water that is a dream for patients like me that are non-weight bearing. My first 8 weeks of therapy will be in the pool. I am happy to have had this surgery right as pools are about to open. This will be a HUGE advantage for me because I can do my home therapy in the pool too. Overall today was super successful and I am confident in my recovery path ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment