Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Peace out sutures!

I can't believe it has been one week since my surgery.  It feels like it is going by fast, hopefully I don't jinx myself by saying that!  Today I met with Dr. Edwards for the first time since October.  He was trilled to hear my positive review of Nashville and took a look at my pictures from surgery.  I was happy to hear him say that with the microfracture and labral tear I will hopefully heal stronger with all of the blow flow going into the joint.  The nice part about the therapists and doctors being in the same building is we could just walk next door to talk to Curt about therapy.  I won't have to go see Dr. Edwards until after my next trip to Nashville in June.  Curt will keep him updated as we go and consult as needed.  

In other news, I got my sutures out today! They put steri-strips over my incisions and those will fall off in two weeks or so.  With all my icing, I still have a significant amount of bruising around my incisions. They said that was normal and it would probably be worse if I weren't icing as much as I am.  Here is an updated picture after the sutures out:

I promise I have taken a shower (several!) since I have been home. Dr. Byrd's initials just won't wash off!

1 comment:

  1. Have enjoyed (?) your blog Allison! You sound very positive and I'm glad your recovery is coming along well. As you've said, it'll be so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete